is to grow trucking by making managing shipments easy, efficient and reliable. We’re doing this by building a unified platform that makes managing deliveries transparent for our clients, efficient for carriers and automatic for Flexport.
Driver of the Month and Carrier of the Year
Transmission is excited to announce the start of our Carrier of the Year and Driver of the Month Programs!
The inaugural rankings will be released on February 9th, 2022, as part of the February Transmission Monthly Blast. Rankings will be updated monthly and will be included as part of the Transmission Monthly Blast.
Carrier of the Year Qualifications
Carriers will be split up into 4 categories: Large Cap, Mid Cap, Integrated, and FTL/Broker. Categories will be decided based on truck count and average legs per month. Starting each fiscal year, we will outline which carriers move into new categories. We will review carriers not currently included in one of the 4 categories on a quarterly basis for inclusion in the Carrier of the Year Program.
Carrier of the Year Scoring
Carriers will be scored on a weighted scale comprised of 3 metrics: Speed to Update, Trucker v. Squad percentage, and Accessorial Updates.
Points will be allocated on a weighted basis below:
- 90-100% = 5 points
- 80-89% = 4 points
- 70-79% = 3 points
- 50-69% = 2 points
- 30-49% = 1 point
- 0%-29% = 0 points
Bonus Points will be given each month to carriers that meet the following criteria:
- 1 point = for the best overall carrier as defined above by aggregate score each month
- 1 point per scoring metric = to any carrier that is above the SLA mark (90%) in one of the scoring metric areas (if carrier is above SLA in all 3 scoring metric areas they will receive 3 bonus points for the month)
- 5 points = to the most improved carrier each month. Most improved will be defined as the highest percent increase in overall score month-over-month
- 3 points = to any carrier that is above the SLA mark (90%) for the specific Focus Metric. The Focus Metric will be shared in the Transmission Monthly Blast. (Ex. Accessorial Updates is the February Focus Metric. This will be communicated in the February Carrier Blast. Any carrier that scores 90%+ on Accessorial updates in February will receive 3 bonus points)
- 3 points per scoring metric (per quarter) = for carriers that show consistency in one of the three scoring metric areas. In order to receive 3 points a carrier MUST score above the SLA mark (90%) in one of the scoring metric areas for the whole quarter (i.e. must be 90%+ in Speed to Update in every Q1 month). An additional 3 points will be awarded for each subsequent scoring category that a carrier has scored above SLA in.
Points will be accumulated each month and tallied throughout the year. At the end of the year the carrier with the most points will be the Flexport Carrier of the Year (CotY).
Driver of the Month
The Driver of the Month will be determined via the aggregate percentage of total mobile updates and driver updates as a percentage of eligible updates. The Driver of the Month will awarded to the driver with the MOST mobile updates from the carrier with the highest aggregate percentage.
Prizes will be awarded monthly to the Driver of the Month and the highest performing carrier from each category (Carrier of the Month).
There will be additional prizes awarded at the end of the year for the official Carrier of the Year from each of the 4 categories.